University of Texas, Arlington
- Eunice and James West Endowed Chair of Private Enterprise and Entrepreneuship, 2004-
Distinguished Research Publication Award, 2005-06.
University of Kansas
- William and Judy Docking Distinguished Professorship, 2003- 2004
- Guy Mabry Best Paper Award, 2002-03
- Charles W. Oswald Faculty Fellow, 2000-2003
- Dean Werries Faculty Fellow, 1998-2000
- Guy Mabry Best Paper Award, 1996-97
- School of Business Research Excellence Award, 1996-97.
- School of Business Top Ten Teacher, 1997.
- School of Business Research Fellow, 1996-1997
- School of Business Research Excellence Award, 1995-96
- First Runners-up in Best Paper Award, Southwestern Academy of Management Meetings, 1996.
- Koch Industries Faculty Fellow, 1995-96.
- School of Business Fellowship for Research on Corporate Restructuring, 1992-93.
'Honorable mention' and award for the paper
'Acquisition Planning for Constructive
Organizational Assimilation' (with J.H. Grant)
in the FAR/Planning
Review sponsored competition for 'Best paper in
Corporate and Organizational Planning', 1985.