Student Chapter of SHRM at UT Arlington
"Connecting tomorrow's workforce with today's"
For valuable resources or the opportunity to become a National SHRM Member, please visit www.shrm.org.
The Student Chapter of SHRM at UT Arlington Board Members:
NAME: Sadia Piprawala
OFFICER: College Relations Representative/ MCHRA
POSITION: Graduate student seeking dual Masters degrees in M.S.H.R.M. and M.B.A
GRADUATION: Expected date of graduation for MSHRM is Spring 2012.
Expected date of graduation for MBA is Fall 2012/ Spring 2013.
· Since joining the student chapter of SHRM at UT Arlington., I have participated in the H.R. Jeopardy games in February 2010 and the H.R. Case Competition at O.S.U. on March 19th 2011.
· Became a National SHRM member, a member of the Ft. Worth H.R.M.A. and a member of the Mid- Cities H.R.A.
· Chosen to be a committee member of the Texas State Council as the Social Media representative in Fall 2010.
· Have been sponsored to attend the 2010 H.R. Southwest Conference.
· Attended the Annual SHRM Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada June 24th- July 1st 2011
· Attended Dallas HR luncheon meeting
· Received the Drew Young Scholarship 2011-2012
· Attended the HRSW Conference in Fort Worth, Texas October 31st- November 2nd 2011.
My main vision for the SHRM student chapter at UT Arlington is to encourage active membership and to build as many networking opportunities that I can. I am only one person, which is why I strongly believe in having a competent team to assist me in accomplishing my vision.
The UTA SHRM Student Chapter team comprises of:
1) Faculty Advisor:
Professor Dennis Veit
NAME: Chetna Rajpurohit
DEGREE: BBA - Management
GRADUATION: Fall 2013
DESCRIPTION: “I am the president of student chapter of SHRM and my vision is to encourage students to participate in our chapter and become active members. It’s a great opportunity to build strong network and enhance your public skills through this chapter.”
5) VP of Communications:
6) VP of Membership
NAME: Adrienne Stephen
Officer: VP of Membership
DEGREE: BBA – Management with Concentration in Human Resources
GRADUATION: Fall 2013 2013
DESCRIPTION: As Vice President of Membership my duty is to manage the overall membership functions such as process members applications, welcome new members, recruit/retain current members, and design and implement programs that broaden membership engagement for the Student chapter of SHRM at UTA.
7) VP of Programs
NAME: Kathryn Funchess
DEGREE: Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentration in Human Resources
GRADUATION: Spring 2013
DESCRIPTION: As human resource focused individuals, we must continue our learning endeavors and gain knowledge from experienced professionals. By contacting and inviting knowledgeable speakers, my duty as VP of programs accomplishes this continued knowledge experience as well as keeping our members (not only as SHRM members but as students) engaged with the opportunity to learn from the best.
8) Program Manager
NAME: Duha Hussein
GRADUATION: Fall 2013
DESCRIPTION: “My job is to pursue and organize professional/community events, recruit new members and volunteers for chapter/university programs, and create sign-up sheets for bake sales and other fundraising events. Also remind members about General Meetings, BCC Meetings and other events.”
9) VP of Public Relations:
10) VP of Scholarships: