- Ph.D. Business Administration (Major: Computer Information Systems), University of Rochester
- M.S. Business Administration (Major: Management Science), University of Rochester
- B.Eng. Engineering Economics and B.A Scientific English, Tianjin University, China
- Associate Professor, University of Texas Arlington, 2013-Present.
- Assistant Professor, University of Texas Arlington, 2007-2013.
- Assistant Professor, University of Toledo, 2003-2007.
- Instructor and Teaching Assistant, University of Rochester, 1999-2003.
Awards, Honors, and Certifications
- Distinguished Research Publication Award, College of Business, University of Texas at Arlington, 2010
- The Wharton Interactive Media Initiative/Expedia Research Opportunity.
- The Wharton Interactive Media Initiative/Organic Research Opportunity.
- Summer Research Grant, University of Texas at Arlington, 2007, 2008 and 2010.
- NET Institute Summer Research Grant 2007.
- NET Institute Summer Research Grant 2006.
- Outstanding Research Paper Award, College of Business, University of Toledo, 2006.
- Small Grants Fund, Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Toledo, 2006.
- Summer Research Grant, University of Toledo, 2004 and 2005.
- The Foy & Phyllis Penn Kohler International Travel Grant, University of Toledo, 2004 and 2006.
- Best Paper Award in the “Internet and Digital Economy Track”, Hawaii International Conference
on Systems Sciences (HICCS) (one of the most important international conferences in IS field), Kona, HI, 2002.
Teaching and Research Interests
- Electronic Commerce
- Web Programming
- Web Mining
- Text Mining
- Social Media
- Software Licensing
- Information Economics
- Yao, Oliver and Zhang, Jie, “An Analysis of Internet Retailers’ Pricing Strategy for Products and Shipping Services,” Decision Support Systems, 2012, 53(2), pp. 368-380.
- Zhang, Jie and Frazier, Greg, “Strategic Alliance via Co-opetition: Supply Chain Partnership with a Competitor,” Decision Support Systems, 2011, 51(4), pp. 853–863.
- Zhang, Jie and Seidmann, Abraham, “Perpetual vs Subscription Licensing under Quality Uncertainty and Network Externality Effect,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 2010, 27(1), pp. 39-68.
- Hu, Nan; Zhang, Jie and Pavlou, Paul, “Overcoming the J-Shaped Distribution of Product Reviews,” Communications of the ACM, 2009, 52(10), pp.144-147.
- Hu, Nan; Liu, Ling and Zhang, Jie, “Do Online Reviews Affect Product Sales? The Role of Reviewer Characteristics and Temporal Effects,” Information Technology & Management , 2008, 9(3), pp. 201-214.
- Tarafdar, Monideepa and Zhang, Jie, “Determinants of Reach and Loyalty – A Study of Website Performance and Implications for Website Design,” Journal of Computer Information Systems, 2007/2008, 48(2), pp16-24.