- Ph.D. Management Science and Systems, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2007.
- M.S. Operations Research, Industrial and Systems Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2005.
- B.S. Computer Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 1998.
- Associate Professor, University of Texas Arlington, 2013-Present.
- Assistant Professor, University of Texas Arlington, 2007-2013.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, SUNY-Buffalo, 2008/2009.
- Graduate Assistant, SUNY-Buffalo, 2002-2007.
- Consultant, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Consulting, Shanghai, China, 2000-2002.
- Software Engineer, Shanghai In Dex Computer Co., Ltd., Shanghai, China, 1999-2000.
- Software Engineer, Software Engineering Lab, Fudan University, China, 1998-1999.
Awards, Honors, and Certifications
- Travel allowance for selected participants of FDIC Workshop on “Abnormal Behavior Detection Finds Malicious Actors Agenda”, 2011.
- PhD Student Achievement Award, School of Management, SUNY-Buffalo, 2007.
- Best Paper Award, the 2nd International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection, 2007.
- Best Paper Award, the 12th Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2006.
- Doctoral Prize for Excellence, School of Management, SUNY-Buffalo, 2006.
- Graduate Assistantship and Tuition Scholarship in SUNY-Buffalo, 2002-2006.
- eCrime-Fighter Scholarship for attending the 1st Annual Anti-phishing Working Group (APWG) eCrime Research Summit, 2006.
- GSEU Professional Development Award, SUNY-Buffalo, 2006.
- Summer Research Support, School of Management, SUNY-Buffalo, 2006, 2007.
- Microsoft Grant for attending the pre-ICIS Symposium on Security in Computing, Las Vegas, 2005.
- Omega Rho International Honor Society for Operations Research & Management Science, 2005-Present.
- INFORMS Future Academician Colloquium, Denver, CO, 2004.
- Fudan People’s Scholarship, 1994-1998; Fudan Scholarship for Freshman, 1994.
Teaching and Research Interests
- Information Security and Cybercrime
- Decision Making
- Information search
- Computer networks and Security
- Wang, J.; Herath, T.; Chen, R.; Vishwanath, A. and Rao, H.R., “Phishing Susceptibility: An Investigation into the Processing of a Targeted Spear Phishing Email,” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 2012, 55 (4), pp. 345-362.
- Wang, J.; Yang, Z.and Bhattacharjee,S., “Differential Effects of Social Learning on Two Aspects of Music Piracy: Unauthorized Obtaining versus Unauthorized Sharing,” Journal of Management Information Systems, 2011, 28(3), pp. 343-384.
- Wang, J.; Xiao, N. and Rao, H. R.,“An Exploration of Risk Information Search via a Search Engine: Queries and Clicks in Healthcare and Information Security,” Decision Support Systems, 2012, 52(2), pp. 395-405.
- Wang, J.; Xiao, N. and Rao, H. R., “Drivers of Information Security Search Behavior: An Investigation of Network Attacks and Vulnerability Disclosures,” ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, 2010, 1(1), Article 3.
- Wang, J.; Chen, R.; Herath, T and Rao, H. R., “Visual E-Mail Authentication and Identification Services: An Investigation of the Effect on E-mail Use,” Decision Support Systems, 2009, 48(1), pp. 92-102.
- Wang, J.; Chaudhury, A. and Rao, H. R., “A Value-at-Risk Approach to Information Security Investment,” Information Systems Research, 2008, 19(1), pp. 106-120.
- Wang, J.; Sharman, R.; Ramesh, R., “Shared Content Management in Replicated Web Systems: A Design Framework using Problem Decomposition, Controlled Simulation and Feedback Learning,” IEEE Transactions On Systems, Man, And Cybernetics (Part C), 2008, 38(1), pp. 110-124.
- Wang, J. and Zionts, S., “Negotiating Wisely: Considerations Based on Multi-Criteria Decision Making/Multi-Attributes Utility Theory.” European Journal of Operational Research, 2008, 188(1), pp. 191-205.
- Wang, J. and Zionts, S., “The Aspiration Level Interactive Method (AIM) Reconsidered: Robustness of Solutions.” European Journal of Operational Research, 2006, 175(2), pp. 948-958.