- Ph.D. Business Administration (Major: Information Systems and Minor: Artificial Intelligence), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1994.
- M.S. Department of Systems Science and Mathematics, Washington University, 1989.
- PGDM Program, Indian Institute of Management, India, 1988.
- B.Engr. in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Osmania University, India, 1987.
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Information Systems & OM, University of Texas Arlington. 2002-Present.
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1997-2002.
- Assistant Professor, University of Michigan-Dearborn, 1994-1997.
- Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois, 1989-1994.
- Academic Tutor for Computer Science and Mathematics courses at the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, University of Illinois, 1991-1994.
- Research Assistant, Washington University, 1988-1989.
Awards, Honors, and Certifications
- Research Award, Dean’s Office, College of Business, University of Texas at Arlington, 2009.
- Professional Development Award, Provost’s Office, University of Texas at Arlington, 2005-2009.
- Summer Research Award, Dean’s Office, College of Business, Administration, University of Texas at Arlington, 2007.
- Included in Marquis Who’s Who in Finance and Business, 2004.
- Included in the Academic Keys Who’s Who in Business Education, 2003.
- Included in Marquis Who’s Who in Finance and Industry, Who’s Who in the World, and Who’s Who in America, 2003.
- Proposal for the creation of the Special Interest Group on Agent Based Information Systems accepted by the AIS, 2001.
- Included in the "Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked Excellent by the Students" for Fall 1998 and Spring 1999, University of Illinois.
- Selected to the ICIS Doctoral Consortium, 1993.
- Awarded Graduate College Fellowship, College of Commerce and Business Administration, University of Illinois, 1990-1993.
- Awarded Gold Medal for best academic performance at Osmania University, India, 1987.
- Awarded State Merit Scholarship for six consecutive years, India, 1981-1987.
- Awarded Special Prize in Mathematical Olympiad, India, 1983.
Teaching and Research Interests
- Multi-agent systems
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Intelligent systems
- Advanced Java Programming
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Business Data Mining
- Intelligent Information Systems
- Sikora, R. and Chauhan, K., “Estimating Sequential Bias in Online Reviews: A Kalman
Filtering Approach,” Knowledge-Based Systems, 2012, 27, pp. 314-321.
- You, L. and Sikora, R., “An adaptive evaluation mechanism for online traders,”
European Journal of Operations Research, 2011, 214 (3), pp. 739-748.
- Piramuthu, S and Sikora, R., “Iterative Feature Construction for Improving Inductive
Learning Algorithms,” Expert Systems with Applications, 2009, 36 (2), Part 2,
- Sikora, R. and Sachdev, V., “Learning Bidding Strategies with Autonomous Agents in
Environments with Unstable Equilibrium,” Decision Support Systems, 2008, 46 (1), pp. 101-114.
- Sikora, R., “Meta-Learning Optimal Parameter Values in Non-Stationary Environments,”
Knowledge-Based Systems, 2008, 21 (8), pp. 800-806.
- Sikora, R. and Piramuthu, S., “Framework for Efficient Feature Selection in Genetic
Algorithm based Data Mining,” European Journal of Operations Research, 2007, 180 (2), pp. 723-737.
- Li, J., Sikora, R., Shaw, M., and Tan, G.W., “A Strategic Analysis of Inter-
Organizational Information Sharing,” Decision Support Systems, 2006, 42 (1), pp. 251-266.
- Langdon, C. and Sikora, R., “Conceptualizing Coordination and Competition in Supply
Chains as Complex Adaptive System,” Journal of Information Systems and e-Business Management: Special Issue on Agent-based Information Systems, 2006, 4 (1), pp. 71-81.