Edmund Lee Prater
- Associate Professor
- Director, PhD Programs, College of Business
- Ph.D. Operations Management, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1999.
- M.S. Systems Analysis, Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1996.
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1988.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, 1986.
- Associate Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 2006-Present.
- Adjunct Professor, Wright State University, 2004-2007.
- Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 2001-2006.
- Adjunct Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2000-2001.
- Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1998-2001.
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1993-1998.
- Research Fellow at the Georgia Tech Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER), Georgia Institute of Technology, 1995-1998.
- Research Assistant, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1986-1988.
- Research Assistant, Tennessee Technological University, 1983-1985.
- Founder and Chief Operating Officer, M/X International, Inc., 1991-1994.
- Vice President, Applied Technologies, 1992-1993.
- Senior Manager, Advanced Technology Group, BellSouth Information Systems (BIS), 1992.
- Senior Manager, Technology Assessment Group, BellSouth Enterprises (BSE) 1990-1992.
- Manager, Technology Assessment Group, BellSouth Enterprises (BSE), 1988-1990.
- CIMS Engineer/Masters Fellow, Hughes Aircraft Company, 1987-1988.
Awards, Honors, and Certifications
- Certificate in the Management of Technology.
- Certificate in Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
Teaching and Research Interests
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Prater, Edmund and Whitehead, Kimberly, An Introduction to Supply Chain Management: A Global Supply Chain Support Perspective. New York, NY: Business Expert Press, LLC, 2013.
- Khavaul, Susanna; Prater, Edmund and Swafford, Patty, “International Responsiveness of Entrepreneurial New Ventures from Three Leading Emerging Economies.” International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 32(10), 2012, pp. 1147-1177.
- Chen, Hui-Chuan and Edmund Prater., "International Information System Costs of Utilizing Eletronic Product Codes in Achieving Global Data Synchronization within the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Network." Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management, 6(1), 2013, pp. 62-76.
- Kim, Jin-Woo and Prater, Edmund, “Service Marketing Productivity and Firm Profit: Evidence from U.S. Domestic Airlines Companies.” Services Marketing Quarterly, 2011, 32(3), pp. 181-198.
- Sobol, Marion and Edmund Prater. "Adoption, Usage and Efficiency: Benchmarking Healthcare IT in Private Practices, Taiwan vs. U.S.", International Journal of Health Information Systems and Informatics, 2010, 6(1), pp. 36-50.
- Jiang, Bin and Prater, Edmund, "Distribution and Logistics Development in China". In Supply Chain and Logistics in National, International and Governmental Environment, Concepts and Models. Reza Zanjirani Farahani, Nasrin Asgari and Hoda Davarzani, eds
- Bourgeous, Stacy; Prater, Edmund and Slinkman, Craig. “Information Technology Prescription for Small, Medium and Large Hospitals: An Exploratory study of Acute Care Hospitals.” Upcoming in the International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics, 2009. 4(4), pp. 57-68.