- PhD. Information Systems (Minor in Computer Science), University of Texas at Arlington
- PGDM (Management/Business), Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India
- B.E. Electronics, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, India
- Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 2013-Present.
- Associate Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 2008-2013.
- Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 2002-2008 .
- Assistant Professor, Central Missouri State University 1998-2002.
- Assistant Professor, Texas A&M International University,1995-1998.
- Graduate Teaching Associate, University of Texas at Arlington 1990-1994.
- Contracting with Step1 Inc., Overland Park, Kansas, to teach, 2000.
- Programmer, Compucom Systems Inc., Dallas, Texas. 1994-1995.
- Senior Customer Support Executive, Wipro Information Technology Ltd., India 1988-1990.
- Management Trainee, Sundaram Clayton Ltd., India 1988-1988.
- Member Design Development Team, Semiconductor Complex Ltd., India, 1984-1986.
- Offered a five-day course on Java (introductory and advanced topics) to IT professionals at Osborn Group Inc., Olathe, Kansas, 2001.
- Trained some Yellow Technology Services associates on Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML, 2001.
Awards, Honors, and Certifications
- Recipient, Outstanding International Student Award (all-university competition), in April, 1992
Teaching and Research Interests
- Software development
- Team cognition
- Business intelligence
- Sullivan, D., Nerur, S., and Balijepally, V. G. Source or Storer? IB's Performance in a Knowledge Network. Journal of International Business Studies, 2011, 42, pp. 446-457.
- Raghupathi, W. and Nerur, S. “The Intellectual Structure of Health and Medical Informatics,” forthcoming, International Journal of Helathcare Information Systems and Informatics, 2010.
- Ramanujan, S. and Nerur, S. “An exploratory analysis of the state of software maintenance research: an author co-citation analysis,” Journal of Systems and Information Technology, 11(2), 2009, pp. 117-130.
- Mangalaraj, G., Mahapatra, R., and Nerur, S., “Acceptance of Software Process Innovations –The Case of Extreme Programming,” European Journal of Information Systems, 18(4), 2009, pp. 344-354.
- Balijepally, V., Mahapatra, R., Nerur, S., and Price, K. “Are Two Heads Better Than One for Software Development? The Productivity Paradox of Pair Programming,” MIS Quarterly, 33(1), 2009, pp. 91-118.
- Raghupathi, W. and Nerur, S. “Research Themes and Trends in Health Information Systems,” Methods of Information in Medicine, 47(5), 2008, pp. 435-442.
- Nerur, S., Rasheed, A., and Natarajan, V., “The Intellectual Structure of the Strategic Management Field: An Author Co-citation Analysis,” Strategic Management Journal, 29, 2008, pp. 319-336.