- Ph.D. Advisor Information Systems
- Ph.D. Information Systems, Texas A&M University, 1994
- PGDM (aka MBA), Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India, 1986
- BSc (Engineering), National Institute of Technology, Rourklela, India, 1983
- Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 2013-Present
- Associate Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 2004-2013
- Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 1998-2004
- Assistant Professor, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1994-1997
- IT Project Lead, Motor Industries Company Ltd., Bangalore, India, 1986-1989
- Engineers India Ltd., New Delhi, India, 1983-1984
Awards, Honors, and Certifications
- College of Business Distinguished Research Publication Award 2001, 2009-10
- College of Business Distinguished Professional Publication Award 2004-05
- Faculty Member of the Year Award from AITP Student Chapter of UTA 2000
- Awarded Gold Medal for securing First Rank in the University in Electrical Engineering
- National Merit Scholarship Awarded by the Ministry of Education, Government of India
Teaching and Research Interests
- Software development methodologies
- Agile project management
- Data warehousing and BI
- Data quality
- Healthcare information systems
- Mangalaraj, G., Nerur, S., Mahapatra, R., and Price, K. “Distributed Cognition in Software
Design – An Experimental Investigation of the Role of Design Patterns and Collaboration,” MIS Quarterly,
- Mangalaraj, G., Mahapatra, R., and Nerur, S. “Adoption of Software Process Innovation –
The Case of Extreme Programming,” European Journal of Information Systems, 18(4),
August 2009, pp. 344-354.
- Balijepally, V., Mahapatra, R., Nerur, S., and Price, K., “Are Two Heads Better than One for Software Development?
The Productivity Paradox of Pair Programming,” MIS Quarterly, 33(1), March 2009, pp. 91-118.
- Sircar, S., Nerur, S.P., and Mahapatra, R., “Revolution or Evolution? A Comparison of Object-Oriented and Structured
Systems Development Methods, MIS Quarterly, 25(4), December 2001, pp. 457-471.