Mark Eathan Eakin
- Distinguished Teaching Professor
- Ph.D. Statistics, Texas A&M University, 1980
- MS Statistics, Texas A&M University, 1977
- BS Mathematics, Tarleton State University, 1972
- Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, 2011-Present
- Associate Professor, University Texas at Arlington, 1986-2011.
- Assistant Professor, University Texas at Arlington, 1980-1986.
- Lecturer, Texas A&M University, 1978-1980.
- Visiting Instructor, Pan American University, 1977.
- VBA programming and statistical analysis to assist quality control, PepsiCo, 2005-2009.
- Use of ADBUDG model in predicting coupon returns, Kenneth Stein, 1998.
- Regression Analysis and Model Building, Bell Helicopter, 1994.
- Volunteer computer consultant, Kennedale I.S.D, 1991-1993.
- Review of statistical analysis in court case, Southwestern Bell, 1993.
- Questionnaire Analysis, Center for Research in Information Systems, 1992.
- Analysis of questionnaire data, Hunt Oil Company, 1989.
- Experimental design and analysis, Surgikos, Inc, 1984.
- Sampling plan, The Associates, 1984.
- Inventory audit, Nelson and Nelson, 1983.
- Experimental design and response surface analysis, Frito-Lay Corporation, 1983.
- Nonparametric analysis of jury decisions, Swanson-Callahan & Co., 1982.
- Quality control, Vought Corporation, 1982.
Awards, Honors, and Certifications
- College of Business Distinguished Research Publication Award, 2004.
- Decision Sciences Institute's Outstanding Achievement Award for the best interdisciplinary paper entitled "A Graphical Decision Support Tool for Medical Diagnosis: Cuts Costs While Improving Quality in Pilot Study," 1995.
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers, 2004-11.
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, College of Business, 2006.
- Distinguished Teacher Committee Nominee for Distinguished Teacher, 2002.
- COBA Nominee for Distinguished Teacher, 2002.
- COBA Nominee for Distinguished Teacher, 2001.
- Who's Who in American Teachers, 2000.
- COBA Nominee for Distinguished Teacher, 1997.
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, College of Business, 1995-96.
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, College of Business, 1992-93.
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, College of Business, 1985-86.
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, College of Business, 1981-82.
Teaching and Research Interests
- Whiteside, Mary and Mark Eakin, “A Better Estimator of the Number of Valid Signatures on a Petition,” The American Statistician, 2008, Vol. 62, Issue 1, pp. 17-21.
- Sheehy, Ellen; Lori Brigham, Suzanne Conrad, Mark Eakin, Richard Luskin, Phyllis Weber, Lawrence Schkade, and Lawrence Husicker, “Estimating Organ Donor Potential in the United States,” New England Journal of Medicine, 2003, Vol. 349, pp. 667-674.
- Shafer, Teresa; Lawrence L. Schkade, Howell E. Warner, Mark Eakin, Kevin O'Connor, Jim Springer, Tim Jankiewicz, William Reitsma, Janet Steele, and Karyn Keen-Denton, "Impact of Medical Examiner/Coroner Practices on Organ Recovery in the United States,” Journal of the American Medical Association, 1994, Vol. 272, No. 20, pp. 1607-1613.