- Commencement ceremony on December 17, 2016 - Ryan and Tracie will be walking.
- Ryan and Tracie successfully defended their PhD dissertations on December 9 and 13 respectively. Ryan goes back to Raytheon and Tracie will begin her dream job with NASA Ames. We wish them the best.
- Upcoming Defense dates: Ryan Sifford (PhD ME, December 9, 2016); Tracie Conn (PhD AE, December 13, 2016)
- ASL Thanksgiving Dinner on Nov 21, 2016. Laura, Pavan, and Alok joined us. This was the largest group yet.
- Papers accepted: AIAA SciTech 2017 - 3 (Pengkai (Bryce) Ru, Ziad); AAS Spaceflight Mechanics Meeting 2017 - 3 (Siddharth, Paul, Ameya, Murali)
- Paul presented two papers at the AIAA SPACE conference, Long Beach, CA, September 2016
- Paul and Ziad receive AFRL Space Scholars Fellowships to go to Kirtland AFB and Eglin AFB respectively for summer 2016
- April 2016, Dr. Subbarao was awarded an AFRL grant to study cooperative control of space systems subject to time delays.
- Tracie's NASA Fellowship was renewed for 2016-17
- Dr. Subbarao was presented the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company Excellence in Teaching Award (2016) at the Engineering Banquet.
- Siddharth Nair from IIT Mumbai and Ivan Doria from Sao Paolo, Brazil did their summer internships at ASL.
- Nazmus Sakib (UTA Junior) did his summer internship at ASL.
- Shashank successfully defended his MS thesis, titled Automatic Carrier Landing System for V/STOL Aircraft Using L_1 Adaptive and Optimal Control in Fall, 2015
- Brian successfully defended his PhD Dissertation, titled Bayesian Statistics and Information Fusion for GPS-Denied Navigation in Fall, 2015
- Gus successfully defended his PhD Dissertation, titled Novel neuro-dynamic methods for solving robotic planning and control problems in Fall, 2015
- Alok successfully defended his PhD Dissertation, titled Characterization of Flapping Wing Aerodynamics and Flight Dynamics Analysis using Computational Methods in Fall, 2015
- Tracie receives NASA Fellowship from the NESSF program (2015-2016)
- Paul passes his AE qualifying exam in August 2015
- Ameya successfully defended his MS thesis, titled Dynamics and Control of a Smart Maintenance and Inspection Robotic Free-Flyer (SMIRFF) in Spring, 2015
- Pavan successfully defended his PhD Dissertation, titled Aspects of an Intuitive Control Framework: Stabilize, Optimize and Identify in Spring, 2015
- Alok presents his paper at the ASME IMECE November 2014 titled "COMPARISON OF CONTROL TECHNIQUES TO MODULATE THE FAN SPEED OF A GENSET COOLING SYSTEM"
- Pavan's paper is accepted in ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control (October, 15)
- Brian submits paper to ACC 2015, Nonlinear Adaptive Filtering Techniques for Terrain Referenced Navigation.
- Laura successfully defended her PhD Dissertation "Modeling, Estimation, and Analysis of Unresolved Space Object Tracking and Identification" (August). She has accepted a job with NextGen Aeronautics at Danville, NC. We at ASL wish her the best.
- Pavan and Ghassan's papers are accepted for publication and presentation at the AIAA SciTech (2015)
- Ghassan presented his paper at the American Control Conference in Portland, OR. "Implementation of an Adaptive, Model Free, Learning Controller on the Atlas Robot"
- Ghassan voted best presenter at the NASA RASC-AL Forum Meeting Cocoa Beach, FL. (June)
- Team ASL wins first place at the NASA RASC-AL Forum Meeting for their Systems Concept "SMIRFF - Smart Maintenance, Inspection and Repair Free Flyer" in the graduate category (June)
- Hi-Tech Bangla Inc. and Aerospace Systems Laboratory sign agreement to work on projects related to Advanced Controls and Estimation Algorithms for Space Applications.
- Tyler Rainey successfully presented his MEngr Project titled, "Loss-Of-Control Prediction And Fault Tolerant Control – An Adaptive Control Framework"
- Marcin's paper on "Extremum Seeking Control for In-flight Sweet Spot Esimation in Autonomous Formation Flight" is accepted for publication in the AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics (March)
- Dr. Subbarao returns from the Faculty Development Leave in June 2013.
- Marcin presents his MSc thesis at the ASL weekly meeting. Prof. Armanios is part of the audience. This also culminates Marcin's one year internship at ASL. ASL wishes Marcin good luck with his final presentation at TU Delft.
- Alok, Gus, Christy & Akhil win the Carrizo Oil and Gas Scholarship for 2012-2013
- Laura is awarded a summer internship at AGI
- Alok and Gus plan to continue working towards their PhD.
- Dr. Subbarao is awarded the Faculty Development Leave for 2012-2013.
- Mousumi successfully defended her PhD dissertation in April 2012.
- Gus and Alok defended their MS theses in April 2012.
- Laura is awarded the prestigious NSF Graduate Research Fellowship for 2011.
- March 14, 2011: Mousumi Ahmed and Laura Henderson are awarded the prestigious Amelia Earhart Fellowship award from Zonta International. Congratulations Mousumi and Laura!!
- March 14, 2011: Ife travels to St. Louis to present Stable Reference Trajectory Modification for Handling Actuator Saturation in Control Systems Control, Kamesh Subbarao and Ife Ogunleye, Infotech@AIAA , St. Louis, MS, March 28-31, 2011
- Divya travels to St. Louis to present, Attitude Formation Control of Multiple Vehicles subject to Communication Constraints, Kamesh Subbarao and Divya Bhatia, Infotech@AIAA, St. Louis, MS, March 28-31, 2011.
- Mousumi presented her paper and Erik’s at the AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting in Orlando, FL this past January.