Associate Professor of Economics
International Economic Journal, Associate Editor
• At Emory University, Department of Finance, Goizueta Business School: Forecasting (MBA/EMBA); International Finance (MBA); International Finance; Advanced Microeconometrics (Ph.D.).
• At Emory University, Department of Economics: Advanced Microeconometrics (Ph.D.); Applied Econometrics (Ph.D.); Econometrics; Empirical Methods in Economics; International Finance; Introduction to Statistical Methods; Managerial Economics.
• At Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland:
Environmental Economics and Applied Microeconometrics (Graduate/Ph.D.)
• At Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland: Environmental Economics and Applied Microeconometrics (Graduate/Ph.D.)
• At Tongji University, China:
Managerial Economics (Graduate - EMBA)
• At Tongji University, China: Managerial Economics (Graduate - EMBA)
• At the University of Texas, Arlington, Department of Economics:
Econometrics II (Graduate/Ph.D); International Trade
(Graduate); International Trade; Managerial Economics (MBA / EMBA); Principles of
• At the University of Texas, Arlington, Department of Economics: Econometrics (Graduate/Ph.D.); Econometrics II (Graduate/Ph.D); International Trade (Graduate); International Trade; Managerial Economics (MBA / EMBA); Principles of Microeconomics.
Productivity Analysis; Trade and Investment; Technology Transfer; Innovation; Corporate Finance; Environmental Economics; Applied Microeconometrics.
Weinberger, A., Q. Xuefeng, and M. Yaşar (2017). “Export Tax Rebates, Markup, and Resource Misallocation: Evidence from a Large Developing Country.”Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Globalization Institute Working Paper 302.Abstract, Paper
Dissanayake, I.,J. Zhang, M. Yaşar, and S.P. Nerur. “Strategic Effort Allocation in Online Innovation Tournaments.”Information and Management. Forthcoming.Abstract, Paper
Lee, B., M. Yaşar, and A.A. Rasheed. “Predictors of Foreign Corporate Political Activities.”Global Strategy Journal. Forthcoming.Abstract, Paper
Xuefeng, Q. and M. Yaşar (2016). “Export Market Diversification and Firm Productivity:Evidence from a Large Developing Country.”World Development, 82, 28-47.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M. (2015). “Direct and Indirect Exporting and Productivity: Evidence from Firm-Level Data.”Managerial and Decision Economics, 36, 109-120.Abstract, Paper
Roy, J. and M. Yaşar (2015). “Energy Efficiency and Exporting: Evidence from Firm-Level Data.”Energy Economics, 52, 127-135.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M. (2013). “Imported Capital Input, Absorptive Capacity, and Firm Performance: Evidence from Firm-Level Data.”Economic Inquiry, 51(1), 88-100.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M. (2013). “Political Influence of Exporting and Import-Competing Firms: Evidence from Eastern European and Central Asian Countries.”World Development, 51, 154-168.Abstract, Paper
Roy, J. and M. Yaşar,(2013). “Foreign Direct Investment and Productivity Spillovers: Evidence from Indonesian Plant-Level Data.” In E. Guillon and L. Chauvet (ed.), Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): Policies, Economic Impacts and Global Perspectives, Nova Science Publishers: Hauppagge, NY.
Reprinted in Roy, J. and M. Yaşar (2013). “Foreign Direct Investment and Productivity Spillovers: Evidence from Plant-Level Data.” Journal of Current Issues in Globalization, 6 (3), 483-492.
Yaşar, M. and C. M. Paul (2012). “Firm Performance and Knowledge Spillovers from Academic, Industrial and Foreign Linkages: The Case of China.” Journal of Productivity Analysis, 38(3), 237-253.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M., D. Lisner and R. Rejesus (2012). “Bilateral Trade Impacts of Temporary Foreign Visitor Policy.” Review of World Economics/Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv, 148 (3), 501-521.
Rejesus, R., M. Mutuc, M. Yaşar, A. Lapitan, and F. Palis (2012). “Sending Vietnamese Rice Farmers Back to School: Further Evidence on the Impacts of Farmer Field Schools.” The Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 60(3), 407-426..
Yaşar, M., R. Rejesus, Y. Chen and U. Chakravorty (2011). “Political Influence of Firms in the Tradables and Non-Tradables Sectors: A Cross-Country Analysis.” Economics and Politics, 23(3), 297-312. Lead Article
Yaşar, M. C. M. Paul, and M. Ward (2011). "Property Rights Institutions and Firm Performance:A Cross-Country Analysis." World Development, 39(4), 648-661.Abstract, Paper
Paul, C.M. and M. Yaşar (2009). "Outsourcing, Productivity, and Input Composition at the Plant Level." Canadian Journal of Economics, 42(2), 422 - 439.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M. and C. J. M. Paul (2009). "Size and Foreign Ownership Effects on Productivity and Efficiency: An Analysis of Turkish Motor Vehicle and Parts Plants." Review of Development Economics, 13(4), 576 - 591.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M., R. Raciborski, and B. Poi (2008). "Production Function Estimation in Stata Using the Olley and Pakes Method." The Stata Journal, 8(2),221-231.Abstract, Working Paper Version, Program, Web Appendix for OPREG Command
Yaşar, M. and C. J. M. Paul (2008). "Foreign Technology Transfer and Productivity: Evidence from a Matched Sample." Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 26(1), 105-112.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M. and C. J. M. Paul (2008). "Capital-Skill Complementarity, Productivity and Wages: Evidence from Plant-Level Data for a Developing Country." Labour Economics, 15, 1-17. Lead ArticleAbstract, Paper
Chen, Y., M. Yaşar and R.M. Rejesus (2008). "Factors Influencing the Bribery Payouts by Firms: A Cross-Country Analysis." Journal of Business Ethics. 77(2) 231-244.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M. and C. Morrison Paul (2007). "International Linkages and Productivity at the Plant Level: Foreign Direct Investment, Exports, Imports and Licensing." Journal of International Economics,71(2), 373-388.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M. and C. Morrison Paul (2007). "Firm Performance and Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Transition Economies." Economic Bulletin, 15(2), 1-11.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M., P. Garcia, C.H. Nelson, and R.M. Rejesus (2007). "Is there Evidence of Learning-by-Exporting in Turkish Manufacturing Industries?" International Review of Applied Economics, 21(2), 293-305.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M., C.H. Nelson and R. M. Rejesus (2006). "Productivity and Exporting Status of Manufacturing Firms: Evidence from Quantile Regressions." Review of World Economics/ Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv, 142(4), 675-694.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M, R.M. Rejesus, and I. Mintemur (2006). "Plant-level Dynamics and Aggregate Productivity Growth in the Meat Processing Industry: Evidence from Longitudinal Data." Agribusiness: An International Journal, 22(1), 91 – 107.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M., C.H. Nelson and R. M. Rejesus (2006). "The Dynamics of Exports and Productivity at the Plant Level: A Panel Data Error Correction Model (ECM) Approach." In B. Baltagi (ed.), Panel Data Econometrics: Theoretical Contributions and Empirical Applications, Elsevier, Amsterdam.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M. and R.M. Rejesus (2005). "Exporting Status and Firm Performance: Evidence from a Matched Sample." Economics Letters, 88(3), 397-402.Abstract, Paper
Yaşar, M, R.M. Rejesus, and I. Mintemur (2004). "Is there Evidence of Creative Destruction in the Turkish Manufacturing Sector? Lessons from a Cross-Industry Analysis of Aggregate Productivity Growth." Applied Economics, 36(17), 1937-1945.Abstract, Paper
• Associate Editor (Co-Editor), International Economic Journal.
• Referee for American Economic Review; American Political Science Review; Applied Economics; Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy; Chinese Management Studies; Contemporary Economic Policy; Economic Development and Cultural Change; Economic Inquiry; Economics Letters; Economic Systems; Emerging Markets Finance and Trade; Empirical Economics; Food Policy; International Economic Journal; International Journal of Production Economics; Journal of Business Ethics; Journal of Business Research; Journal of Comparative Economics; Journal of Development Economics; Journal of Economics and Management Strategy; Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade; Journal of Institutional Economics; Journal of International Economics; Journal of Policy Modeling; Journal of Productivity Analysis; Land Economics; Open Economies Review; Physica A; Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance; Regional Science and Urban Economics; Research Policy; Review of Income and Wealth; South Eastern Europe Journal of Economics; TCMB Çalışma Tebliği Serisi; The Southern Economic Journal; Stata Journal; Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv/Review of World Economics; World Development.
• Grant reviewer for National Science Foundation (NSF); Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
• Book reviewer for College Market Research, McGraw-Hill/Irwin, Pearson Prentice Hall, South-Western/Thomson Learning, Routledge Taylor&Francis Group.
Selected Conference Presentations
• American Economic Association, Chinese Economists Society Conference, International Conference on Panel Data, International Industrial Organization Conference, Midwest International Trade Conference, North American Productivity Workshop, North American Summer Meeting of Econometric Society, Southern Economic Association Conference.