Undergraduate Degree Programs
Job Opportunities in Economics
- Contact Room 107, College of Business
Is Graduate School in Your Future?
- There may never be a better time to study for a Masters in Economics. If you are looking for a way to advance your career, more people are earning graduate degrees. In our competitive job market, graduate experience sends a strong signal to potential employers.
- The UTA Department of Economics offers a flexible range of degree programs. The Traditional Thesis Option is designed for students who intend to pursue a Ph.D. in Economics. Our standard Non-Thesis option offers students the theory and statistical skills that will allow graduates to face the challenges of being a professional economist. The department’s third option, Applied Economic Analysis, is designed for those students looking to specialize in providing the quantitative statistics that many firms and government agencies are now looking to obtain. All of our programs are taught by leading research economists who are members of our AACSB-accredited faculty.
- Standard admittance into the Economics MA program requires the GMAT or GRE, and the majority of our students follow this path. However, if you are an Economics undergraduate at UTA, consider Facilitated Admissions or the Fast Track program. Facilitated Admissions allows a student to enter the graduate program without the GRE or GMAT. Fast Track waives the GRE or GMAT and has the added benefit of allowing a student to take graduate courses as a senior and have those courses count for both the undergraduate and graduate degrees. To find out more information about these programs, look to the UTA Economics website.
- The Department of Economics is very proud of the financial assistance it has available for its students. The department offers scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students in addition to Graduate Assistantships for outstanding masters candidates in the Economics program. More information can be found on the UTA Economics website, or you may contact the graduate advisor,
in COBA 319.
- UNDERGRADUATE students -- $1000 one-time award
- Must be an economics major
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must earn an A in Econ 3310 and Econ 3312
- Submit application no later than four weeks after meeting all of the above requirements (June, August, and January)
- Scholarship is awarded for the next semester you are enrolled following the completion of the above requirementss
- GRADUATE students – Award amounts vary from $500 to $2500
- Must be enrolled in a Masters of Economics program at UTA
- Must have completed a minimum of six credit hours of 5000-level courses in Economics at UTA
- A student must be registered for at least six hours
- GPA of 3.4 or above in 5000-level courses in economics
- One letter of recommendation from UTA Economics faculty
- Submit application form no later than two weeks prior to the start of the semester
- Scholarships are awarded once per semester and may be received more than once during a student’s course of work. Students must re-apply each semester.
- FAST-TRACK students -- $1500 one-time award
- Submit application form and gain admission to the economics fast-track program
- Scholarship awarded for the first semester after completing the undergraduate degree