Mahmut YasarAssociate Professor
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2002
Telephone: 817-272-3290 Office: COB 329
Research/Teaching Interests: Trade and Investment, Productivity, Technological Change and Transfer, and Applied Microeconometrics
Dr. Mahmut Yasar joined the UTA faculty in 2007. Prior to coming to UTA, he taught at Goizueta Business School Department of Finance and the Department of Economics at Emory University from 2003-2007. Dr. Yasar's primary research interests center around the microeconomics of trade and investment, productivity, knowledge and technology transfer, innovation, and applied microeconometrics. He has also worked on issues in environmental economics and corporate finance. His research has appeared in journals such as Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Journal of International Economics, and Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv. He has served as an associate editor of theInternational Economic Journal. Dr. Yasar has taught undergraduate, MBA and Ph.D. level econometrics, empirical methods, forecasting, international finance, international trade, managerial economics, microeconomics, and statistics courses.
- "Yaşar, M. (forthcoming) “Imported Capital Input, Absorptive Capacity, and Firm Performance: Evidence from Firm-Level Data.” Economic Inquiry.
- Yaşar, M. and C. Morrison Paul (2009). "Size and Foreign Ownership Effects on Productivity and Efficiency.” Review of Development Economics.
- Paul, C.M. and M. Yaşar (2009). "Outsourcing, Productivity, and Input Composition at the Plant Level." Canadian Journal of Economics. Vol. 42, No. 2, 422 - 439.
- Yaşar, M. and C. Morrison Paul (2008). "Foreign Technology Transfer and Productivity: Evidence from a Matched Sample." Journal of Business and Economic Statistics. Vol. 26, No. 1, 105-112.
- Yasar, M. and C. J. M. Paul (2007). "International Linkages and Productivity at the Plant Level: Foreign Direct Investment, Exports, Imports, and Licensing." Journal of International Economics. Vol. 71, No. 2, 373-388.