Olga IsengildinaAssociate Clinical Professor
Ph.D., Mississippi State University, 2000
Telephone: 817-272-3286 Office: COB 331
Research/Teaching Interests: Microeconomics, Forecasting, Futures and Options markets
Dr. Olga Isengildina joined The University of Texas at Arlington in August 2012. She had previously been an Assistant and Associate Professor at Clemson University (2006-2012) and an associate at the office for futures and options research at the University of Illinois (2001-2006). Her research focuses on price risk management, forecasting, value of information, ag marketing and agribusiness.
- Isengildina, O., B. Karali, S.H. Irwin. “When do the USDA forecasters make mistakes?” Applied Economics, in press.
- Isengildina, O., S.H. Irwin, and D.L. Good. “Do Big Crops Get Bigger and Small Crops Get Smaller? Further Evidence on Smoothing in USDA Production Forecasts.” Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 45(1) (February 2013): 95-107.
- Isengildina-Massa, O. and J.L. Sharp. "Evaluation of USDA Interval Forecasts Revisited: Asymmetry and Accuracy of Corn, Soybean, and Wheat Prices" Agribusiness: An International Journal, 28(3) (Summer 2012): 310-323.
- Isengildina-Massa, O., S. MacDonald and R. Xie. “Comprehensive Evaluation of USDA Cotton Forecasts.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 37(1) (April 2012): 98-113.
- Isengildina, O., S.H. Irwin, D.L. Good. "Empirical Confidence Intervals for WASDE Forecasts of Corn, Soybean, and Wheat Prices." Applied Economics, 43(26), October 2011: 3789-3803.
- Isengildina, O., S.H. Irwin, D.L. Good. “Quantile Regression Methods of Estimating Confidence Intervals for WASDE Price Forecasts.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 35 (3) (2010): 545-567.
- Carpio, C.E., and Isengildina, O. “To Fund or Not to Fund: Assessment of the Potential Impact of a Regional Promotion Campaign.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 35(2) (2010): 245-260.