Graduate Business Services

Graduation Requirements

All students need to complete all degree requirements prior to graduating. If these requirements are not met, a student will not be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony as they are not considered a viable candidate by the University.

How do I change my graduation date?

Please complete the GMAP (Graduate Maverick Academic Progress) Review Request & Change Specialization form to update your expected graduation date. Fax the form to 817.272.5799 or scan and email the form to Graduate Business Services. Note this form is also used for substitutions and reviewing your GMAP. It is very important that your graduation date is correct so that you will receive important information about graduation that we will mail to you.

Who can I talk to if I have questions about my GMAP and want to check that I'm still on schedule to graduate?

You can contact your Graduate Advisor if you have questions about your GMAP. You may also request a review of your GMAP (Graduate Maverick Academic Progress) Review Request & Change Specialization Form. GBS will review your GMAP and return it to you.

What do I need to do to apply for graduation?

You need to complete an online application for graduation on the MyMav system (online instructions are available). Graduate Studies' application date for each semester is on the Graduate Calendar. Remember that the application to graduate and the commencement ceremony are two separate and distinct events. Walking at the commencement ceremony does not mean you have met the requirements to graduate and receive a diploma.

Register for the College of Business Commencement Ceremony and complete the Graduation Exit Survey.

Commencement Ceremony information is available online.