Graduate Student Checklist - Attending the Commencement Ceremony
- Response Card
- If you are participating in the ceremony, complete the front and back of the response card and return it to the Advising Center, CoB Room 107.
- You will be given a deadline to turn in the response card.
- Tickets will not be distributed to any candidate whose response card is not returned by the deadline.
- The address you list on the response card will be used to mail you the photo information.
- Cap and Gown
- Graduation regalia may be ordered from the UT Arlington Bookstore. Announcements are also available for order.
- Master's degree and Ph.D. candidates may purchase their cap, gown, tassel, and hood at the
UT Arlington Bookstore.
Please contact the Bookstore to meet their ordering timelines.
This will assure you of correctly fitted regalia with the appropriate color tassel.
Although the Bookstore maintains a stock of Master's Regalia, the hoods are custom made. If not ordered prior to the deadline, the Bookstore cannot guarantee academic color availability.
- Graduate degree candidates will be notified through their UTA email concerning the procedure to retrieve tickets for the commencement ceremony.
- EACH CANDIDATE WILL BE GIVEN A SET NUMBER OF TICKETS.
- The number of tickets the candidate receives is determined by the number of candidates attending the commencement ceremony.
- One ticket is required per adult and children 2 years old and older.
- No strollers allowed.
- Announcements, Class Rings, and Gifts
- Announcement orders may be placed through the UT Arlington Bookstore.
- Class rings and gifts can be purchased through Balfour.
- UT Arlington Gifts and merchandise are also available at the UT Arlington Bookstore.
- The official UT Arlington commencement announcement is available only at the UT Arlington Bookstore (with an inner and exterior envelope) and gold or silver foil seals.
- Commencement Ceremony
- Candidates must report to College Park Center no later than one hour before the Commencement Ceremony.
- Candidates will be placed in alphabetical order and given instructions concerning the ceremony.
- No personal items may be left in the gym or carried on stage during the ceremony.
- Dates and Times:
- Visit the UT Arlington Commencement website for commencement ceremony information.
- Details concerning the ceremony will be emailed to candidates who have applied to graduate and have submitted their response card by the deadline for that semester.
- Candidates will receive a commencement memento as their name is announced.
- Diplomas will be distributed from the Office of Records eight weeks after the ceremony, by mail. Specific questions about diplomas should be directed to the Office of Records, 817-272-3372.
- Photographs and Video
- A professional photographer will take each candidate's photograph as they receive their memento.
- The photographer will mail/email the candidate ordering information to purchase photographs online.
- Special Assistance
- If the candidate is in a wheelchair, requires special assistance, or needs additional information, they should contact Jo Ann at (817)272-3282.
- Guests should enter College Park Center through the north entrances.
- Parking lots in the area will be open and available for parking.
- Handicap parking is designated for the College Park Center South Parking Garage.
- College Park Center is wheelchair-accessible.
Commencement is both a joyous and serious occasion. We ask that members of the audience refrain from making unnecessary disturbances that would interfere with everyone's desire to see and hear all aspects of the ceremony.