Graduate Student Checklist
- Response Card
If you are participating in the ceremony, complete the front and back of the response card and return to the Advising Center, Room 107. You will be given a deadline to turn in the response card. Tickets will not be distributed to any candidate whose response card is not returned by the deadline. The address you list on this card will be used to mail the photo information.
- Cap and Gown
- Graduation regalia may be ordered from the UT Arlington Bookstore. Announcements are also available for order.
- Master's degree candidates may purchase their cap, gown, tassel, and hood at the UT Arlington Bookstore. Please contact the Bookstore to meet their ordering timelines. This will assure you of correctly fitted regalia with the appropriate color tassel. Although the Bookstore maintains a stock of Masters Regalia, the hoods are custom made. If not ordered prior to the deadline, the Bookstore cannot guarantee academic color availability.
- Doctoral degree candidates may use rented regalia. You will need to rent a cap, gown, tassel (old gold color), and hood. Please rent your regalia no later than the timelines given by the UT Arlington Bookstore. Ph.D. rental regalia ordered after this date will require an expediting fee plus express air freight charges (if necessary to insure timely delivery).
- Ph.D. keepsake regalia may be purchased in lieu of rental regalia.
You will be notified by your UTA email on how to retrieve your tickets for graduation.
EACH CANDIDATE WILL BE GIVEN A SET NUMBER OF TICKETS. The number of tickets you receive is determined by the number of students graduating. One ticket required per adult and children 2 years old and older. No strollers allowed.
- Announcement orders may be placed through the UT Arlington Bookstore.
- Class rings and gifts can be purchased through Balfour.
- UT Arlington Gifts and merchandise are also available at the bookstore.
- The official UT Arlington commencement announcement is available only at the UT Arlington Bookstore (with an inner and exterior envelope) and gold or silver foil seals.
- Candidates must report to College Park Center no later than an hour before the Commencement Ceremony. You will be placed in alphabetical order and given instructions concerning the ceremony.
- Candidates arriving after the processional will not be permitted to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- No personal items may be left in the gym or carried on stage during the ceremony.
Visit the Commencement website for graduation ceremony information. Details on the ceremony will be emailed to those who have applied to graduate each semester.
You will receive a commencement memento as your name is announced. Diplomas will be distributed from the Graduate School in Davis Hall six weeks after the ceremony, either by mail or pick-up as you selected on your application for graduation.
A professional photographer will take your picture as you receive your memento. The photographer will mail you ordering information to purchase pictures.
If you are in a wheelchair or require special assistance, or need additional information, contact Jo Ann at (817) 272-3282.
Guests should enter College Park Center through the north entrances. Parking lots in the area will be open and available for parking. Handicap parking is designated for the College Park Center South Parking Garage. College Park Center is wheelchair-accessible. Guests arriving more than 10 minutes late or without a ticket will not be admitted.
Commencement is both a joyous and serious occasion. We ask that members of the audience refrain from making unnecessary disturbances that would interfere with everyone's desire to see and hear all aspects of the ceremony.