Initial Steps: In order to begin the admissions process, the following items are required and should be sent directly to the Graduate School by the appropriate application deadline:
- Completed Application
- Application Fee
- 200 Word Statement of Academic Intent
- Official transcripts from previously attended education facilities (photo copies are not acceptable)
- Bank Affidavit and Financial Statement (International students planning to enter the US on a student visa)
Though an admission decision can not be made until the following documents are received, they may be submitted after the admissions deadline. However, the admissions process can take 4-6 weeks (after all documents are received). Applicants are advised to submit all of the following documents prior to the application deadline:
- Official GMAT scores (Issued by the Educational Testing Service (ETS): For more information regarding this exam, visit the GMAC web site.
- Official TOEFL scores, if required (Issued by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which must include the spoken language component.
- Completed Recommendation Forms or Letters of Recommendation (3 required)
The recommendations should be sent to Graduate Business Services, Box 19376, in the College of Business (COB).
Subsequent Steps: Once you are admitted to the Ph.D. program, you will receive a letter from the College of Business. This letter will instruct you to contact your major field coordinator to discuss your degree plan and semester registration.
A doctoral student orientation is scheduled for incoming students and you will be notified of the detail for this orientation. The session will cover topics such as teaching and research, professional ethics, and academic integrity. The orientation will also give new students the opportunity to meet and interact with returning Ph.D. students and graduate faculty.