Accounting Banner

When to contact the Tax Certificate advisor

You are welcome to contact the Tax Certificate advisor by phone or email whenever you need information about the graduate programs. However, some specific occasions to make contact would be:

To get information about the Tax Certificate program
If you are interested in obtaining a Tax Certificate from UTA general information is available here on the website. For answers to specific questions, contact the graduate advisor for the Department of Accounting.

Upon acceptance into the graduate program
When you are accepted into the graduate school as a Special Student, you will need to meet with the graduate advisor to set up the program of work. This is the outline of courses necessary for you to complete your certificate. The advisor will also give you information about the timing and sequence of courses.

When changing courses in your program of work
If you need to make a change to your program of work, contact the graduate advisor. The advisor will check and make certain the new course is acceptable in your program and enter it into your program of work so you can register for it.

If your GPA drops below a 3.0
Tax certification students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in certificate coursework.  If your GPA falls below this minimum contact the graduate advisor to discuss your continuance in the certificate program.

If you interrupted your enrollment for a Fall or Spring semester
Graduate students are to be continuously enrolled. Not attending a Summer semester is not a problem, but if a student attends a long semester (Fall or Spring) and does not enroll in the next long semester, then they must request readmission.  The readmission application is a simple, one-page form, but it must be completed and approved before the student can enroll in classes.  In order to allow sufficient processing time, a student should obtain this form from the Graduate Admissions office in Davis Hall and submit it at least 60 days prior to the start of the semester in which they wish to return to graduate school.

For more information please contact the respective advisor on the following page: link