Accounting Banner

When to contact the PPIA advisor

You are welcome to contact the PPIA advisor by phone or email whenever you need information about the graduate programs.  However, some specific occasions to make contact might be:

To obtain information about the PPIA program
Successful undergraduate accounting majors should consider the PPIA program as it provides the opportunity to earn both a bachelor's and master's degree in less time than if taken separately. Entry into the PPIA program takes place before completion of the bachelor's degree, so a student needs to coordinate the application process to take advantage of the time and course savings of the program. A potential PPIA student should contact either the undergraduate or graduate accounting advisor when they have completed Financial Accounting I (ACCT 3312) to get information about the program. The advisor will give the potential applicant information about the application process.

When submitting the PPIA application
The PPIA applicant should submit their application to the Graduate Advisor in the Department of Accounting. The advisor accumulates the application materials (application form, recommendations, and transcripts) for purposes of making the admission decision.

Upon acceptance into the PPIA program
When you are accepted into the PPIA program, you will need to meet with the graduate advisor to set up a program of work. This is the outline of courses necessary for you to complete your degree. The advisor will also give you information about the timing and sequence of courses.

When changing courses in your program of work
If you need to make a change to your program of work, contact the graduate advisor. The advisor will check and make certain the new course is acceptable in your degree and enter it into your program of work so you can register for it.

If your GPA drops below a 3.0
Graduate students in the Department of Accounting must maintain a 3.0 GPA both overall and in accounting coursework. If your GPA falls below this minimum contact the graduate advisor to discuss your continuance in the graduate program.

If you interrupt your enrollment for a Fall or Spring semester
Graduate students are required to be continuously enrolled during long semesters (Fall and Spring). Not attending a Summer semester is not a problem, but if a student attends a long semester and does not enroll in the next long semester, then they must request readmission. The readmission application is a simple, one-page form, but it must be completed and approved before the student can enroll in classes. In order to allow sufficient processing time, a student should obtain this form from the Graduate Admissions office in Davis Hall and submit it at least 60 days prior to the start of the semester in which they wish to return to graduate school.

For more information please contact the respective advisor on the following page: link