Accounting Banner

When to contact the graduate advisor

You are welcome to contact the graduate advisor by phone or email whenever you need information about the graduate programs. However, some specific occasions to make contact would be:


When changing courses in your program of work
If you need to make a change to your program of work, contact the graduate advisor. The advisor will check and make certain the new course is acceptable in your degree and enter it into your program of work so you can register for it.

If your GPA drops below a 3.0
Graduate students in the Department of Accounting must maintain a 3.0 GPA both overall and in accounting coursework. If your GPA falls below this minimum contact the graduate advisor to discuss your continuance in the graduate program.

If you interrupt your enrollment for a Fall or Spring semester
Graduate students are required to be continuously enrolled during long semesters (Fall and Spring). Not attending a Summer semester is not a problem, but if a student attends a long semester and does not enroll in the next long semester, then they must request readmission. The readmission application is a simple, one-page form, but it must be completed and approved before the student can enroll in classes. In order to allow sufficient processing time, a student should obtain this form from the Graduate Admission Website: and submit it as soon as possible prior to the start of the semester in which they wish to return to graduate

For more information contact the Graduate Advisor