Accounting Banner

When to contact the field coordinator

You are welcome to contact the doctoral coordinator for the accounting field by phone or email whenever you need information about the doctoral program. However, some specific occasions to make contact would be:


Upon acceptance into the doctoral program
When you are accepted into the doctoral program, you will need to meet with the field coordinator to set up you program of work. This is the outline of courses necessary for you to complete your degree. The field coordinator will also give you information about the timing and sequence of courses.

When changing courses in your program of work
If you need to make a change to your program of work, contact the field coordinator. The field coordinator will check and make certain the new course is acceptable in your degree and enter it into your program of work so you can register for it.

If your GPA drops below a 3.25
Doctoral students in the Department of Accounting must maintain an overall GPA of  3.25. If your GPA falls below this minimum contact the field coordinator to discuss your continuance in the doctoral program.

If you interrupt your enrollment for a Fall or Spring semester
Doctoral students are required to be continuously enrolled during long semesters (Fall and Spring). Not attending a Summer semester is not a problem, but if a student attends a long semester and does not enroll in the next long semester, then they must request readmission. The readmission application is a simple, one-page form, but it must be completed and approved before the student can enroll in classes. In order to allow sufficient processing time, a student should obtain this form from the Graduate Admissions office in Davis Hall and submit it at least 60 days prior to the start of the semester in which they wish to return to graduate school.

For more information contact the accounting field coordinator: