- The mission of the Department of Accounting is to:
To accomplish this mission the department:
- Prepare students from diverse backgrounds for professional careers
- Create, interpret and disseminate knowledge of Accounting; and
- Provide service to the University and Accounting profession.
- Offers high-quality instruction emphasizing technical competence,
ethical practices, communication skills, critical thinking, and
- Produces meaningful scholarship which improves the practice of
Accounting, our understanding of Accounting, and the process of educating
- Participates in the University’s governance and provides service to professional and academic organizations.
- Seeks to attract, develop, reward, and retain a diverse faculty with
professional-level knowledge who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Endeavors to secure the resources sufficient to fulfill these goals.