- The accounting faculty consists of full-time academics and accounting practitioners from the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area. These individuals are highly skilled classroom instructors and experts in their respective teaching areas. Many have received awards for excellence in teaching, research, or professional service. Outside the classroom they are always ready to lend a hand, whether it be with an accounting question, a career counseling need, or advice on dealing with the stress of college life.
- Academic Preparation and Professional Experience/Certification
- Every member of the accounting faculty holds one or more advanced degrees (M.B.A., M.S., J.D., L.L.M., D.B.A., or Ph.D.). Most have significant real-world experience and hold one or more professional certifications (CPA, CIA, CMA, CFA, or CFE).
- The accounting faculty is dedicated to providing the highest quality education possible. This means delivering current and professional level content in the classroom with appropriate rigor. This dedication to delivering a high-quality education has earned the department a reputation for producing excellent graduates.
- The accounting faculty are active scholars and produce a wide range of scholarly
output including research papers, professional articles, textbooks, and educational
manuscripts. Nationwide, the UTA accounting faculty rank at approximately the
90th percentile in publication activity (see the review article by Hasselback and
Reinstein, Issues In Accounting Education, Volume 10, No. 2). Click here for a listing of the departmental journal ratings.