UT Arlington now offers PDF transcripts!
- PDFs are Official UTA transcripts
- Same cost as paper, only faster
- Can be sent to any email address
- Click on the ordering information link below for more information
A University of Texas at Arlington transcript is a complete record of a student's enrollment at UT Arlington, including all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Coursework earned through Continuing Education or the English Language Institute is not reflected on an official UT Arlington transcript. Partial transcripts are not available.
UT Arlington now allows students to specify whether they want their date of birth and Social Security number on their transcript. The online order form will require one, both or none of these options be selected. Students picking up rush transcripts will also be given these options. However, if no specification is made, then the transcript will be printed with both the date of birth and the Social Security number.
Requests for amended transcripts at no additional charge will be denied when no specification was made when the transcript was ordered regarding the date of birth or the Social Security number.
An official transcript will not be issued unless all financial obligations to the University have been satisfied.
Official transcripts will not be faxed. They can only be picked up or mailed. If this is your first semester at UTA, then you will not have an official transcript until grades are posted.
Students have the legal right to review and inspect their educational record. Students wishing to do so must submit their request in writing to the Office of Records and Registration. An administrator will schedule an appointment within 45 days of receipt of the request.
Back to top
Official PDF Transcript
The University of Texas at Arlington is now offering transcripts in PDF format. Students can send PDF transcripts to any valid email address (another college or university, third-party recipient or themselves). Current students, former students and alumni can request a PDF transcript online anytime and from virtually anywhere using the Credentials System. PDF transcripts are $10.00 each, payment must be made by credit card unless paid by cash or check in person. Credentials, Inc. is the vendor which The University of Texas at Arlington contracts with to provide official PDF transcripts through an encrypted and secure service. For customer service, please contact Credentials, Inc. at (847)716-3005.
Back to top
- For online orders, the fee for each transcript is $10.00. The transcript will be mailed as specified in the online order or it can be picked up in the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration the next business day after noon. For customer service for online orders, please contact Credentials, Inc. at (847) 716-3005.
- For transcript orders placed in person for immediate pickup, the fee for each transcript is $10.00, plus a one-time $10.00 rush fee per order. For example, if a student places a rush order for 2 transcripts, then the total transaction cost will be $30.00 ($10 per transcript = $20 + $10 rush fee).
Back to top
The University of Texas at Arlington makes unofficial transcripts available to currently enrolled and former students at no charge. Currently enrolled students may access them through the MyMav Student Center (www.uta.edu/mymav). To print a copy of the UTA unofficial transcript, follow these steps:
Current Students (or students with a current logon and password for MyMav):
- Log on to MyMav at www.uta.edu/mymav
- Select Student Center
- Click the Academics tab (on left hand side of screen)
- Click on the drop-down menu and select Transcript: View Unofficial (located left of current schedule)
- Select Unofficial Transcripts
- Under Report Type, click on the drop-down menu and select UTA Unofficial Transcript
- Click Go
- Highlight all information provided
- Print "Selection"
Inactive students who do not have an active login to MyMav may pick up an unofficial transcript at the Office of Records and Registration, 129 Davis Hall. Former students or alumni living outside the Arlington area may have a designated person pick up a copy of their unofficial transcript with written consent and photo identification. UT Arlington does not provide unofficial transcripts by mail or fax.
Back to top
Ordering Information for Current Students
You may order your transcript from your Student Center in MyMav, www.uta.edu/mymav.
Click on the Request Official Transcript link under the Academic Services Links box on the bottom right side of the Student Center.
Your MyMav transcript request is securely linked to the TranscriptsPlus System hosted by Credentials, Inc. Credentials, Inc. is the vendor The University of Texas at Arlington contracts with to provide transcripts through an encrypted and secure service.
You can order a transcript anytime and from virtually anywhere. You may order transcripts online 24/7 by clicking on the "Request Official Transcript" link on the bottom right side of your Student Center. Orders being mailed will need to be paid with a credit card online; however, if you are picking up the transcript, then you have the option to pay in person with cash, check or credit card at the time of pick up. (Available after noon the next business day)
If you are an undergraduate UT Arlington student requesting admission to the UTA Graduate School, then you do not need to order a transcript. The Office of Graduate Studies has access to view transcripts.
Key features of this service include:
- You may check your order status for online orders: Transcript Order Status. For customer service, please contact Credentials, Inc. at (847) 716-3005.
- 24/7 access. The student can enter the request around the clock from the comfort of his/her own PC from anywhere in the world.
- You specify. The student can choose to exclude the date of birth, Social Security number or both on the transcript. You will choose from one of those options or you may choose to let both appear on your transcript.
- Faster service. The transcript will be mailed within three business days of making the request. (As opposed to up to 5 business days.)
- Easy address look-up. A pull down menu will provide the addresses of many schools.
- Exact addressing. The student puts the address in exactly as he/she wants it to appear. No risk of typographical errors or inability to read a hand-written address.
- Release Form online. The student types the required information into the online order form instead of printing out a form and completing it by hand. If the requestor does not have an active UTA MyMav account, then they can print off and sign the authorization form provided by Credentials, Inc.
- Easy checking. The student can look on-line 24/7 to make sure the transcript has been printed. If FedEx overnight delivery service was used, then the student may view the tracking number. If there is a problem in processing, then the student will receive an e-mail notification and can view what the problem is immediately instead of waiting for mailed notification.
- Exact pricing. The student is told immediately what the total cost will be and can pay by credit card. The student does not have to worry about delays due to paying the wrong amount.
- Communication channel. An e-mail is sent to the student each time there is a status change in the transcript order. From receipt of the order to notice when the transaction is completed, the student is automatically notified each step of the way. This becomes especially important if there are any problems with the order, such as holds or encumbrances.
Students who are requesting transcripts to be sent to the UT Arlington Alumni Association must request the transcript in person at the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration, Davis Hall Room 129.
Back to top
Ordering Information for Alumni / Former Students
Current students, former students and alumni can request a transcript online anytime and from virtually anywhere using the TranscriptsPlus System (Credentials System). Payment must be made by credit card unless student pays by cash or check in person. Credentials, Inc. is the vendor which The University of Texas at Arlington contracts with to provide transcripts through an encrypted and secure service. For customer service, please contact Credentials, Inc. at (847) 716-3005.
- Credit card name must match your name on University records.
- Two of the following - Social Security number, date of birth and Student ID - must match the values in University records.
- There are no attachments to be included with your transcript.
If your order is not eligible for "Automatic Authorization," then a form will be sent to the email address you supplied during the order process. Print, sign and mail or fax this form to the University Registrar as shown on the form. Your order will be processed upon receipt of this form, unless you have requested it be held for degree or grade posting.
If you will be presenting your official transcripts to a FOREIGN COUNTRY, then please follow the instructions below.
Authentication and/or Legalization of Official UT Arlington Transcripts by a Notary Public for obtaining an Apostille
If you need your UTA Official Transcript to be delivered to the Notary Public in the Records and Registration Office (Registrar’s Office), then please do the following:
- Order online below and select the option "Check this box if you have an attachment that must accompany your transcript."
- When you have submitted your order, the system will prompt you to print out an Authorization Form.
- Sign the Authorization form.
- In the large blank space at the bottom of the page, write DELIVER TO NOTARY PUBLIC – REGISTRAR’S OFFICE so it will be delivered to the Notary Public.
- Finally, fax the Authorization form to 817-272-3223 or scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line TRANSCRIPT FOR NOTARY.
- Email the Notary Public at email@example.com with NOTARY SEND AUTHENTICATION INFORMATION in the subject line. In the email, tell the Notary Public which country you will be presenting your transcripts to. The Notary will reply with the additional steps necessary.
Back to top
Check Transcript Order Status
Check Order Status (If Ordered Online)
Back to top
TRANSCRIPT Ordering Information BY MAIL
- Effective February 1, 2012, we no longer accept mail-in transcript requests from current students/former students/alumni. For your convenience, you can order transcripts online here. See Ordering Information For Alumni/Former Students for ordering instructions.
Back to top
Express Delivery Options
UT Arlington will send your transcript by express delivery if you choose this delivery method in your online order and include payment to cover the additional postage fees. The express delivery service is processed via the Online Transcript Order System.
Next Day Delivery Through Federal Express:
- Within the Continental United States - Cost is $18.00
- Alaska and Hawaii - Cost is $21.00
- International deliveries - Cost is $41.00
All fees are subject to change.
Processing times are:
- For orders placed using the Internet Online Service and where the person selects to pay with a Credit Card - 1-3 business days.
- For orders placed using the Internet Online Service and where the person selects to pay in Cash - Order will be processed as soon as we receive the payment via mail or in person.
Any orders received after 4:00pm are processed the next business day.
Back to top
TRANSCRIPT Ordering Information IN PERSON
The transcript fee is $10.00 per official transcript copy ordered.
An additional $10.00 rush order fee will be charged to transcript orders placed "in person" for immediate pickup.
The $10.00 rush order fee CAN BE AVOIDED if the request is made via our Transcript Online Order System.
To place your request "in person," bring your photo ID to Room 129 Davis Hall and complete the request form.
UT Arlington now allows students to specify whether they want their date of birth, Social Security number, both or neither on their transcript. The online order form will require one of these options is selected. Students picking up rush transcripts will be able to specify to the agent; if no specification is made, the transcript will be printed with both date of birth and Social Security number. Requests that amended transcripts be provided free of charge will be denied when no specification was made at the point the transcript was ordered.
Transcripts ordered through Credentials Solutions to be picked up will be shredded if they have not been picked up after one year. After a year, the previous transcript request will be invalidated, and students must place a new order and pay the $10/transcript fee.
Back to top
Authorizing Another Individual to Pick Up Your Transcript
For students having another individual pick up a transcript for them:
- Please write and sign a letter/note stating you give authorization for someone else to pick up your official transcript. (you must specify the name of the person you authorize to pick up your transcript) Make sure the letter/note is signed and dated.
- Please also attach a copy of your photo identification. (UT Arlington ID, driver's license or other government issued valid picture ID)
- The person picking up the student’s transcript will also be asked to show photo identification.
Back to top
Submitting Transcripts for Admission and Course Transfer
Students who have applied for admission or are submitting transcripts for coursework earned at another institution should mail those transcripts to:
Office of Admissions, Records and Registration
Arlington, TX 76019-0114
If you elect to drop off the transcript in person, then UT Arlington can only accept official transcripts from the originating school. Unofficial and copies of transcripts will not be accepted.
Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Back to top