Frequently Asked Questions by Bachelor Candidates

Today is Saturday, November 01, 2014

Q: What if I have questions about the ceremony?

A: Please call the Dean's Office of your academic program for answers to ceremony questions or visit  

Q: What if I'm enrolled in a course at another school?

A: Please tell your Graduation Counselor and your academic advisor what courses you are taking in your final semester and where, if you are taking coursework from another institution that you will be transferring in to UTA to fulfill degree program requirements of a UTA program.  You should also plan to hand deliver your official transcript from the other institution to your Graduation Counselor in Room 129 of Davis Hall as soon as it is available so it can be processed in time for you to graduate.  If you are unable to hand deliver your transcript from the other institution, please contact your Graduation Counselor at their email address or phone number below. Note: Transfer courses must be earned from an accredited institution with a grade of "C" or better to be fulfilling degree requirements at UTA.

Student's College/School Graduation CounselorCounselor's Email AddressCounselor's  Phone Number
College of Liberal ArtsBelinda Autmanbautman@uta.edu817-272-2577
College of Business
College of Education
College of Engineering
School of Social Work
University Advising Center
Harold Bryanthbryant@uta.edu817-272-2578
School of Architecture
Collge of Nursing
College of Science
School of Urban and Public Affairs 
Belinda Autmanbautman@uta.edu817-272-2577

Q: When will I get my diploma?

A: Diplomas will be ready approximately 6-8 weeks after commencement ceremonies.  Graduates who paid a fee to have their diplomas mailed to them will receive their diploma in a hard cardboard mailer by first class priority mail.  Graduates who wish to pick up their diplomas at the Office of Records front counter will be notified by email when their diplomas are available for pick up.  A graduate must provide a photo ID to pickup their diplomas in the Office of Records.  Graduates with account balances must clear those balances before their diploma can be picked up or mailed.    

Q:  How do I know if I'm a Latin honors candidate (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude or Cum Laude)?

A: Please contact your academic dean's office approximately one month before the commencement ceremony to obtain this information. All Latin honors candidates may purchase an honor cord for the commencement ceremony at the UTA Bookstore. Graduates should note that the Latin honors for the commencement ceremony may be different after grades post following the commencement ceremonies, since those final grades will now be factored in to the graduate's final Latin honors calculation.   

Q: When can I get proof that I graduated?

A: If you successfully completed your course work and were enrolled only at UTA, your degree will be posted to your transcript within 4-6 weeks of your ceremony. If you were taking classes at another school during the graduation term, have an incomplete grade, or are awaiting exam credit additional time may be needed before your degree can be awarded and posted to your transcript.  UTA cannot award a degree that includes transfer credit hours in the degree plan until it receives and has evaluated OFFICIAL transcripts from the colleges and universities where the transfer credit was earned. 

Q: What if I drop a course or change my plans to graduate this semester?

A: Please inform your graduation counselor whenever you drop a course during your graduating semester or your plans for graduation change